Growing a Safe, Healthy, Vibrant and Prosperous Kawatiri / Buller region.
Buller R.E.A.P has hosted a Community Development Facilitator for the Buller region since late 2015 with the support of the Department of Internal Affairs – Community Development Scheme. The need for the community development role emerged from the Buller Interagency Forum which recognised the increasing social need that had developed in the wake of the districts mining and dairy industry related economic downturn. Buller R.E.A.P is proud to be hosting this position and contributing to the holistic development of the Kawaitiri / Buller community.
Key tasks associated with the Community Development Facilitator role include:
- Identifying Community Assets.
- Identifying Community Needs and Issues.
- Raising Public Awareness of Community Initiatives / issues.
- Facilitating Community and Sector Group Hui.
- Empowering the Community in recognising it’s assets and developing positive initiatives.
- Developing Initiatives that enhance the communities social, environmental and economic wellbeing.